After I got back from Ghana Tim went to China for one of his classes. It was a China Megastructures class and they studied about some of the big skyscrapers, bridges, and dams in China and went to see them and meet with engineers, architects, etc. Here's some pictures from his trip. I don't know where they are (and Tim won't write a post) so here's just the pictures.
Great Wall of China.

Three Gorges Dam

Probably the only time in his life Tim will wear a hard hat. Ironic that I wear one everyday and he probably never will after this trip. This is some big bridge that is both a suspension bridge and cable-stayed bridge.

On some cable car going up a steap hill.

Okay, maybe he wore a hard hat twice. This is on the 100th floor of an unfinished building, around 490 meters up.

Hong Kong Temple. It was closed for cleaning.

Beijing I think.

Bird's nest (stadium for the 2008 Olympics).

Forbidden City.

Tiananmen Square.
I think Tim should wear a hard hat more often...it looks very cute on him.
ReplyDeleteBecky,
ReplyDeleteTell Tim that I'd like to hear about the trip so he should put in some commentary. How's the summer? You working yet?
-James